June 26, 2019
Council this Week: Highlights from the June 26 County Council agenda
Managed Forest Plan, tax ratio review and more
Download the full agenda for June 26, 2019
Managed Forest Plan update
County Council will hear an update on the County’s Managed Forest Plan on June 26. The 20-year plan, started in 2018, is built around three primary objectives: i) generating a sustainable supply of forest products and revenue from those products; ii) managing forests to guard against flooding and erosion while protecting source water; and iii) providing recreation for citizens and habitat for wildlife. In 2018 activities under the plan focused on tree planning, wetland rehabilitation, and the salvage and harvesting of ash and beech trees.
Read Council report PW 2019-26 – Managed Forest Plan Update: 2018 Review and 10-Year Operational Activity Forecast
Tax ratio review
A motion to confirm Council appointments to a new Tax Ratio Review Ad Hoc Committee, and to accept terms of reference for that committee, comes forward on June 26. The committee is being formed following Council’s direction on April 24 to review the current tax ratio policy to ensure it is meeting the needs of Oxford’s municipalities.
Read Council report WDN 2019-04 - Recommendations of Striking Committee Councillor Appointments to the County Tax Ratio Review Ad Hoc Committee
Other reports and presentations
- Public meeting – Application for Official Plan Amendment OP18-08-6 – Terrance D. Plester & Timothy N. Plester (CP 2019-184)
- Delegation – Shawn Shapton: Hope House Oxford Proposal
- CP 2019-184 - Application for Official Plan Amendment OP18-08-6 – Terrance D. Plester & Timothy N. Plester
- PW 2019-31 – Construction Contract Award – Rehabilitation of the Thamesford Water Tower
- CS 2019-25 – Development Charges Background Study and By-laws - 2019
Questions or comments?
Council this Week highlights Council activities for the public, employees and community partners. Please send your questions and comments to email@example.com