Public Health Nutrition promotes health and prevents disease by helping individuals and the community make healthy food choices. Our Nutrition professionals plan and implement nutrition programs for community groups, professionals and the public, focusing on primary health prevention.
Basic nutrition tips
Eating well can boost your health and help you feel your best.
If you're looking to incorporate more healthy foods into your diet, pledge to make a small change and stick with it, one meal at a time. Where can you make a small, positive change? Here are some ideas that can make a big difference:
- Fill more of your plate with vegetables
- Choose whole grain instead of white bread
- Serve smaller portions
- Enjoy fruit for snacks instead of sweet or salty treats
- Drink water in place of sugary beverages, like pop
Looking for more support? Get on track with these must-have apps from Dietitians of Canada:
- eaTracker - Tracking your eating habits can help you stick with your goals. eaTracker helps you set goals, track habits and get feedback along the way.
- Cookspiration - Get inspired with fresh meal ideas. Find hundreds of dietitian-approved recipes to suit your mood and schedule.
- Pinterest - Follow Oxford County Family Health on Pinterest to find our boards with Dietitian-approved healthy recipes.
More resources for you
Talk to a Public Health Dietitian or Nurse who can help you learn how to eat right and maintain a healthy lifestyle.
Dietitians of Canada
Dietitians of Canada is a trusted source of evidence-based food and nutrition information.
Eat Right Ontario
Eat Right Ontario is the province's guide to eating right, improving health and creating a better quality of life. Learn how to make healthier food choices that work with your lifestyle and personal health needs.