In order for you to get the best experience while preserving the wildlife surrounding the trails, there are a few guidelines we ask you to follow.
- Hike only along marked routes and do not take short cuts
- Do not climb fences or open gates, please respect the privacy of people living along the trail
- Leave flowers and plants for other to enjoy. Please do not take bark off of trees
- No hunting on the trails or in the area surrounding the trail unless noted otherwise
- Do not disturb farm animals or wildlife
- Keep dogs on a leash and always clean up after your pet
- No camping or fires are permitted
- There is to be no motorized vehicles on the trails at any time
Leave only your thanks, take only photographs. Try to leave the trail cleaner than when you found it!
A few tips to get you started:
- Always check with your doctor before starting a new physical activity
- Get the right walking shoes and wear loose-fitting clothing
- Start slowly and take your time. As your physical condition improves you can walk for longer periods of time or more often.
- Be able to talk while walking. If you are out of breathe then you are pushing yourself too hard.
- Take care to protect yourself from mosquitoes and the sun. You can learn more about protecting yourself from mosquitoes here.